Just in time for the holiday, here’s a trio of good libations to help you and your guests give as good as you get.
In case you’re wondering, we’re talking give as in “thanks”, and get as in “a little tight.” Choose between Fall flavors like apple cider and cinnamon, the nuanced sophistication of Italian amaro, or creamy blend of Scotch whisky and cream, or serve them all. Just keep them coming. Your guests will be grateful that you did.
By Jam Jar Wines
- 1 bottle Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup seltzer or sparkling wine
- ½ cup cinnamon whiskey (optional)
- Juice of one orange slice
Garnish with star anise and orange slices. Makes 1 pitcher or punch bowl. (4-6 servings)
Frozen Spanish Brandy Alexander
By Ky Belk – El Five Denver, CO
- 2 oz Spanish brandy
- 1 oz Moonlight Expresso coffee liqueur
- .25 oz CioCiaro (Italian amaro)
- 1 oz half-and-half
- 1/2 cup orange flan-based frozen custard
- 6 oz crushed ice
Blend with a stick blender. Serve in a 12 oz ice cream soda glass. Top with crumbled Spanish cocoa cookies.
By Stephan Berg & Alexander Hauck – The Bitter Truth
- 1 1/2 Scotch Whisky
- 1/2 oz The Bitter Truth – Pimento Dram
- 1/2 oz Sugar Syrup
- 3/4 oz Cream
- 1 Egg Yolk
Shake vigorously with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Grate nutmeg on top.
This article first appeared on FlavorfulWorld.com.