Did you know that combining a shaken cocktail with club soda can give you a “foamy” consistency to a tall drink? That’s exactly what I had in mind as I made this cocktail with RumChata and as warmer weather is on the horizon.
This tall cocktail, in fact, is really a template for a delicious creamy drink, and nearly every part can be interchanged with other ingredients to create a unique RumChata soda that fits your tastes. Don’t like chocolate syrup? Replace with caramel! There are lots of great options here.
Here’s the recipe for this simple, tasty soda fountain drink:
- in a cocktail shaker, add:
- 1 1/2 oz RumChata
- 1/2 oz chocolate syrup
- 1 oz vodka
- shake vigorously with ice
- in an ice-filled collins glass, fill about 1/3 with club soda
- strain the cocktail into the glass
- fill the remaining space with club soda, which should foam up nicely
- garnish with an orange twist and serve with a straw!
Thanks to our sponsor RumChata.